Updated: Jul 7, 2021
The most important thing you can do for your business right now is video. According to Wyzowl, the global market leader in animated video production, video use is on the rise like never before. And it is not going away any time soon.
Facebook executives have previously stated that they plan to go all-video at some point in the future. Judging by the changes over the past year, I would say they are headed there.
Wait, what changes, you may ask? Ah, Grasshopper, very good question.
For starters, in the third and fourth quarters of 2020, Facebook changed their design. This new design is more video-friendly, which indicates that they are actively evolving to embrace video over text. Next, on your business page, under Publishing Tools, you will see Creator Studio. If your channel qualifies, then you can monetize it. There is also a Sound Collection. Recently, I noticed that when I finished a video on one of our pages, a suggested video from the library was already queued up.
So in my opinion, they are surely headed in the direction of going all-video.
Knowing that video is the way of the future, let’s jump into the different types of videos you should consider making.
1. Brand: Sharing who you or what the company is, and what you do.
2. Expertise: Showing how knowledgeable you are about your service or product, and validating it with facts.
3. Help: Demonstrating anything from projects to fixes and hacks.
4. Engagement: Getting engagement is key. These videos tap into FOMO. Ask questions and get shares!
With the traditional approach, these are usually the only videos people make. But with Explore My Town, using Johnny Mo’s approach, we take it further.
We call it the Video Trifecta. It is all about others and the community. When we make the subject of our videos about others, there is infinite leverage, content, and engagement. This creates a positive ripple effect throughout the entire community. Here are the three videos in our trifecta, which we help you create, when you join Explore My Town:
5. Life/Community: What is life like where you live? What special things does the town have to offer? Paint this picture to get people intrigued.
6. Business Showcase: Spotlighting other businesses is such a powerful way to give back and connect. When their audience sees you supporting local businesses, it gives you instant credibility with their followers and the community. Read this part again.
7. Validation/Testimonials/Shout-Outs: These are quick, easy, and powerful. We all get coffee, juice, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Why not do a quick little shout-out or testimonial? Doing these videos 3 times per week is a great way to keep engagement up and get visibility. You can also record them and do a quick edit. These one minute videos are powerful, and will get your face out in the community.
So there you have it. The 7 types of videos you should consider.
You might be thinking, Johnny Mo, that is a lot of different ideas.
You are correct in that assessment. So let’s hit the merge button.
The Explore My Town way is to make you look like an area expert by combining expertise with community. Engagement with showcase and help with validation, all the while building YOUR brand as the community expert.
This leads to amazing networking opportunities, and doors opening all over the place, which leads to business and referrals on a much higher level.
This is the Explore My Town Way: using video to tell a story about your community. Our amazing production team will script and edit the perfect video, telling an amazing story that the community will respond to. They will recognize the businesses you showcase, the landmarks you visit, but more importantly, they will recognize YOU.
Till next time,
To learn more about Explore My Town, visit www.partnerwithmytown.com
Watch the training, The 5 Components of Video Marketing: https://www.partnerwithmytown.com/5-components-of-video-marketing
Get Johnny Mo’s Link Tree
Join the VidLab